Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )

Q: Why do I need to submit a police report for a lost PAC?
A: As the PAC is an official pass to government events, to prevent any misuse of the card, we would require a police report for our record to prove that it has been reported lost.

Q: Why do I need to login with a SingPass?
A: Login using SingPass (Singapore Personal Access) is required as it provides stronger security which can better protect your personal data. For more information, please refer to SingPass website (

Q: Why I did not receive press releases or media invites since I have a PAC?
A: As soon as you have been accredited, you are required to email a request to our MCI Duty Officer at, to be included in the mailing list. For more information on press releases and media invites, you can call 6837-9666 to speak to our Duty Officers.

Q: What is this Mass Renewal Exercise that happens every 3 years?
A: For security reasons, Ministry of Communications and Information periodically conducts a mass renewal exercise, once every three years. In a mass renewal exercise, the PAC will be redesigned and all approved PAC applicants will be issued with a new card.

Q: Why can’t an intern or contract staff apply for a PAC?
A: We encourage full-fledged journalists to cover the events as interns and contract staff may not be conversant with our guidelines.

Q: How long does it take to process a PAC?
A: The average time taken to process a PAC is between 2 to 4 weeks. However, processing time will be longer during the mass renewal exercise (which will be announced on the website) and certain government events.

Q: I have been accredited some time back, but have not been renewing my PAC. Can I renew my PAC now?
A: For a PAC which has expired for more than 90 days, you will need a fresh application. An email notifying you to renew your PAC will be sent to you 30 days before the expiry of the PAC.

Q: I am a journalist but I am not based in Singapore. Do I need to apply for press accreditation if I plan to travel to Singapore to conduct news reporting?
A: You do not need a PAC to report news in Singapore. However, you will need to apply for a Miscellaneous Work Pass (MWP) from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Please refer to this weblink for more information:

Q: I am a foreign media personnel to be based in Singapore. I need a PAC urgently but my Employment Pass application has not been approved yet.
A: You are required to have a valid Employment Pass before you can apply for a PAC.

Q: I am an accredited media personnel in Singapore. I plan to conduct freelance news reporting with other organisations. Do I need to apply for another PAC?
A: Each media personnel can only hold one PAC. You cannot use your existing PAC while stringing for other media organisations. You are required to inform us if you are also stringing for other media organisations.

Q: What is a Business Registration Number or UEN?
A: UEN or Unique Entity Number is a standard identification number for entities to interact with government agencies. Depending on its nature, an entity may obtain a UEN by registering itself with an appropriate UEN issuance agency as listed in