Creative Youth Xchange @ Hello Kitty Calls On Youths To Reinterpret An International Icon
Seeing Hello Kitty through the fresh eyes of creative youths
Creative Youth Xchange (CYX), an annual platform for Asian youths to showcase their ideas and talents, returns in 2006 with an icon well known and well loved all around the world – Hello Kitty.
2. CYX is seeking creative individuals below the age of 29 from the Asia Pacific region to submit their progressive and avant-garde ideas on Hello Kitty in any form of art, design and media.
3. The past two CYX events in 2004 and 2005 have been a success in providing a platform for creative youths in the region to realise their ideas and receive mentoring from leading experts in the global creative industry.
4. This year's theme, HIDE AND SEEK, invites youths to reinterpret Hello Kitty through graphic work, photography, product design, interior design, videos, scripts or even stories.
5. Participants who come up with the freshest and most innovative concepts and proposals will be flown to Singapore to give life to their ideas in a two-week workshop in November 2006.
6. Within these two weeks, leading creative experts and practitioners will help the youths to hone their skills and at the same time expose them to the reality of marketing their ideas for commercial benefit.
7. The resulting works by the youths will then be exclusively highlighted in international gift company, Sanrio's HIDE AND SEEK exhibition, a Hello Kitty extravaganza that attracts fans and followers of the icon from around the globe.
8. The closing date for ideas submission is 1 September 2006 ( 12 noon , Singapore time). Short-listed finalists will be notified on 1 October 2006 .
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATIONS AND THE ARTS
27 June 2006
About Creative Youth Exchange
Creative Youth Xchange is an initiative by Creative Industries Singapore, a division within the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA). This year CYX partners with Sheng Tai Toys Pte Ltd, one of Singapore 's oldest toy companies and the sole distributor for Hello Kitty in Singapore .
More information on Creative Youth Exchange can be found at http://www.creativeyouthxchange.com
For media enquiries on Creative Youth Xchange @ Hello Kitty, please contact:
Phish Communications Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6344 2956
Ms Irene Kang
Assistant Director, Corporate Communications
Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts
DID: (65) 6837 9905