MCI Whistleblowing for Grants Administered by MCI
The MCI Whistleblowing Framework for Grants Administered by MCI aims to provide an assurance for responsible and secure whistleblowing in confidence, without fear of reprisals or victimization for whistleblowing in good faith. It provides a platform for individuals to report any possible wrong practices relating to grants administered by MCI, for appropriate investigation and action.
The channels are independently managed by MCI Audit Unit.
*For grants administered by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), please refer to https://www.imda.gov.sg/about-imda/contact-us/whistleblowing for more information.
Possible reportable incidents or concerns relating to grants administered by MCI can include but not limited to the following:
- Fraud or deliberate error in preparation, evaluation or review of financial statements and records, of falsification or fraudulent alteration of documents and submission of fictitious documents.
- Violation of any law, rule, regulation or policy of the Ministry
- Accepting, giving bribes or misappropriation of funds;
- Abuse of authority for personal gain (financial or non-financial);
- Unauthorised disclosure of confidential information;
- Conflict of interest in business dealings without disclosure or involvement in prohibited activities;
- Concealing information about any malpractice or misconduct; and
- Any other serious improper behaviours which may cause financial or non-financial loss to MCI or damage to MCI’s reputation.
The whistleblowing channels include:
Attention to: Director (Audit Unit)
Information To Be Provided
To facilitate an effective follow-up and investigation of your concerns, the following information should be provided, where possible:
a. Name(s) of person(s) or organization(s) involved.
b. Description of the incident, including date, time, and location of incident.
c. Frequency of occurrence.
d. Value of money or assets involved.
e. Details of any evidence you have or know of.
f. Any other information that may substantiate the concern.
By writing in to this Whistleblowing Channel, you consent to the Ministry sharing your information with agencies outside the Ministry where necessary to follow up on your concerns, unless you request confidentiality of your identity, which we will take efforts to protect.